India is a land of diversified seasons and monsoon is certainly one of the seasons which everyone eagerly awaits. The Indian Monsoons have already begun and if you have been among the ones longing to enjoy the beautiful lush greens, getting soaked in the rain, the cool breezy weather then are few getaways that you cannot afford to miss
- Darjeeling – West Bengal The perfect monsoon getaway of India, is well known for a tea industry along with a popular tourist destination, also known as The Queen of Hills, is situated at the foothills of the great Himalayas. Due to surrounded hills, it receives heavy showers during the monsoon.
- Goa Goa will be amongst the best places to visit in rainy season in India.The land of beaches is surely worth a visit during monsoons to enjoy sand, drizzle and picturesque sceneries. It’s the perfect place to get soaked in the rains and enjoy some truly delicious Goan delicacies.
- Coorg, Karnataka Known for its dense forest cover, it also serves as a biodiversity hotspot showcasing wide variety of flora and fauna. This romantic destination offers enchanting waterfalls, lakes, vast coffee plantations and delicious cuisines to treat your taste buds.
- Andaman and Nicobar islands A group of nearly 570 islands, this exotic location has amazing wildlife, thrilling water sports, pristine silver sand beaches, mountains, breath taking natural beauty and tribal tour. This place will never seize to amaze you and you are sure to fall in love with its incredible beauty. it has to be a must on your list of best monsoon destinations in India.
- Lonavala, Maharashtra Situated at very navigable distances from both Pune and Mumbai, Lonavala is a favourite weekend destination for people in the western coast in August in India. The hill town comes alive with green during the monsoons and is a delight during Maharashtra’s ample wet months. Lonavala has a number of view-points and trekking options around, all of which are a joy to behold during the Sahyadri monsoons.
- Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu The southern most tip of the Indian subcontinent, Kanyakumari forms an essential part of almost every trip to South India. Surrounded by water on all three sides, the weather here is usually cool and pleasant, the usual seaside climate. It is the first place in the country to receive the monsoon showers. If you’re a fan of rain, then experiencing the monsoon at this place in August in India should be a part of your to-do list. Also, being a lean season, one might avail some good discounts on hotels and restaurants at this time.
- Udaipur, Rajasthan Udaipur is considered to be one of the most romantic cities of the world and has rightly received the tag of theVenice of the East. Also known as the City of Lakes, this is also a historically significant place as it remained the capital of Mewar for several centuries. The main attractions of the city are the City palace and the Udaipur Lake Palace located in the middle of the Pichola Lake. One of the best times to visit Udaipur would be in the monsoon season as you get respite from the piercing heat Rajasthan.
- Cherrapunjee, Meghalaya Second wettest place on the planet, Cherrapunjee practically receives rains throughout the year. If you love the ferocity of the rains, then you have to visit Cherrapunjee during monsoons, covered with vast landscape and hills, it makes for an exciting monsoon trekking trip. You can also find the unique orange flower honey here and don’t forget to try the Meghalaya tea which is quite different to the Assam or Darjeeling tea. The double decker tree bridges are one of its kind experience that one can have the best in the late monsoon when the greenery is in full bloom.