A rich, soft and gooey Chocolate Cake is just 5 easy steps away.
Chocolate doesn’t ask questions. Chocolate understands. And who doesn’t love a perfect chocolate cake, which is thick and moist at the same time. All you need are the following ingredients to make the perfect chocolate cake.
- 175g – Butter
- 175g – Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 150g – Self-raising flour
- 50g – Cocoa
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
FOR THE SIMPLE CHOCOLATE ICING:
100g of dark chocolate
100g of chopped butter
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a cake tin with a little extra butter and place a piece of non-stick baking parchment to fit the base of the tin.
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. It’s important not to beat the batter too much – just long enough to make it smooth.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into the tin, smooth the top and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 45-50 minutes. The cake is cooked when it looks well risen and golden; the top should spring back when lightly touched with a fingertip.
- Let the cake sit in the tin for 5 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edge and turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool.
For the icing, place the dark chocolate and chopped butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of very hot water until melted. Cool for 15 minutes, then spread over the top of the cooled cake.
Then just enjoy!